Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

At What Point

In one month, exactly one month our oldest daughter will be married. I am very excited and getting a bit anxious. The young man is a good person, and a gentleman and I could not be more proud of both of them. I love them both.

My second born and only son is in a relationship with a wonderful young lady and her daughter that turned 4 yesterday. When I watch him with her I again could not be more proud. He is so very good and has gone through more than anyone deserves but seems to bounce back, get up and moves forward. I love him with my whole heart.

My youngest is in her last year of college. She has set goals and achieved them. While going to school she has worked just about everyday. She has chronic asthma but does not let that defeat or define her. In fact she will be a Health/PE teacher very soon. She surrounds herself with good people. Tattoos and all (I lost count) she is beautiful. Although young she is in a relationship that makes her happy, so in turn I am also happy. I love her beyond words.

So, my point? Simply, at what point does a dad say, "I am done, my job is done, I can let go." One month before my daughters wedding I am feeling that I am close to that point. I have been a dad for 31 years. I love being a dad, I have always loved the title. My kids are ready, they will be a success but I will now and forever be their dad.

Kids, I am proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment