Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Great Day


I must say, all in all, June 2011has been an exceptionally great month. It had to be because up to this point January through May (pardon my language) sucked! 
June however has been fantastic. 
Yesterday it continued as my boy surprised me and I was able to spend the day with him and his girlfriends daughter. Watching him with her was a special moment for me. First, she is a wonderful 4 year old full of energy. My boy was fantastic with her. We spent the afternoon at "The Taste of Tacoma." Google Point Defiance Park for reference. Your typical food, gift and carnival event.
Anybody who has taken a 4 year old to an event like this knows that it can be tough if you are not careful. Well, I must say, the boy was fantastic and Bella was great. Holding her hand to the front of the park her eyes went right to the rides. Eric knelt down to eye level and explained how we were going to do things (to Bella not me). A snow cone started the day then a trip to the crafters. Eric was looking to get something for Bella's mom. All the while Bella was happy to take in everything. Eric kept watch on Bella and knew it was time for rides. We did the dragon roller coaster, the super slide and a grab the duck game. After we got some ice cream and sat and listened to some live music. Then a couple more rides and games. I loved how Eric made sure she was safe on the rides, took pictures and videos. Not all 28 year old boys would remember such things and how important they would be for Bella's mom who was at work.
See, it isn't really what we did that was important but it was the way in which my boy took charge of the situation and made it a great day for Bella. There was never a tear, never an argument and she had fun the entire day. 
I am proud of all my kids but yesterday Eric made my day. Yes, June is a great month.

No comments:

Post a Comment