Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am going to be a Grandpa

It is official. I am going to be a Grandpa! Yes, I am so ready. My oldest and newly married daughter gave us the news a few days ago during family game night. 
I am pretty sure Erin will be a great mom and Jakob a super Dad.

My beautiful daughter is a bit of a control freak. I can say this because I am pretty sure it is my fault. I never let Erin be a kid. She could read at age 5, was watching her little brother at age 10 and was pretty much self sufficient by age 16. She went off on her own went to college out of state, got her MBA on her own and has pretty much been in charge all her life.

So, Erin, again I wish for you to understand not all kids are like you. Enjoy the next 7 months. Then please remember... not all babies sleep when you want. Not all babies eat when you want. Not all toddlers run when you call them. Not all kids read when you want them to. Not all kids do well in school. Some times teenagers will call you for a ride home when you have told them no matter what, call me and I will pick you up no questions asked... and you know what, you have to mean it and do it. Not all teenagers understand that no means no. Sometimes your young adult children need help and you are glad to do it even if your other children don't get it. Sometimes you do things for your kids and you don't judge

But most of all, you enjoy the ride because it is the best ride in the world.

You will be a great mom, and if all else fails Grandpa is here.

I love you Erin.


Ref"Grandpa"

No comments:

Post a Comment