Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Car Shuffle

On May 29 our 1993 Dodge Caravan died on Interstate 5 between Olympia and Tacoma WA. Five days later my youngest daughter's 1998 Nissan Sentra (soon to be health teacher) died in Ellensburg WA. On May 31 Mrs. Refdaddy (Kathy's Keepsakes) closed our 12 year old gift store. So like any All American family we did a bit of a car shuffle. I gave my 2005 to my daughter to drive and I learned quickly about the local and reginal express system. 
I knew sooner or later a car was in my future, but like so many others in the country and like many small business owners with stores gone you now what up, I was not sure what we could or could not afford. 
My first car ever was a 1976 AMC Gremlin. $2797 new! I drove it to college (the same one CWU that my youngest goes to) Every car after that has been a Nissan. The reason mostly because my big sister works at a local Nissan dealership and so did my oldest daughter through high school and college. 
Now, my oldest went through UNLV with a degree in business and UW with her Masters.She works for a huge software company now that deals primarily with Nissan. So, she arranged at one of her clients something we could both afford and be happy with. I was really surprised when we found an SUV that really worked. I wanted something bigger than I have had before that we could haul things in and also have towing availability. I also wanted something I could get Kathy's power chair in and out of with ease. 
Long story (sorry) short this is what we got yesterday. Thanks everybody at Rairdon Nissan in Auburn, Tony, Robin and of course Utah Utes own Jimmy! I don't know if it is my dream car but I thought I would be dreaming that I could have it. Trailblazer welcome to the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment